About Our Law Firm
Beaumont & Campbell Prof. Ass’n. was formed in October 1993 by Attorneys Bernard H. Campbell and Urville J. Beaumont following 13 years of practice in a previous law firm. Attorney Campbell is the President and managing Director of the practice. Attorney Beaumont retired from active practice in October of 2015 but continues to share his expertise acquired over decades of private practice. The law firm has been located at its One Stiles Road, Suite 107, Salem, New Hampshire location since its formation. The office suite offers a barrier free waiting room and conference room for service of clients located throughout New Hampshire and northern Massachusetts. The Stiles Road location is a short drive from Exit #2 on Interstate 93, proving easy access for clients throughout the local area.
Beaumont & Campbell is a small general practice law firm. It represents clients at all levels of the New Hampshire Court System – Circuit District Court (both Probate and District Divisions), Superior Court and Supreme Court. It dedicates its practice to several key service areas:
- Real Estate & Conveyance Law – With a with a history that traces its roots back to the 1950’s in the Salem area, the firm has conducted literally thousands of title searches for private clients and mortgage lenders and serves all facets of the real estate closing process, including representing Buyers, Sellers and Lenders. The firm has a long history of commercial and residential leases, including ground leases and purchase option leases, as well as handling eviction proceedings for both owners and tenants. The firm conducts foreclosure sales for lenders, both institutional and private. The firm has handled boundary disputes and Petitions to Quiet Title to clear ownership of parcels of land, as well as Partition actions to sever joint ownership of land, and tax abatements challenging the local tax assessments of client parcels.
- Estate Planning, Wills, Trusts and Probate Law – The firm has assisted clients of all financial levels with appropriate estate planning documents, including Wills, Trust Agreements, Durable Powers of Attorney and Health Care Advance Directive documents. With assistance of accountants, estate planning can focus on wealth preservation, tax impacts and succession planning for family businesses. The firm has provided legal assistance to Executors and Administrators in the Probate process and regularly practices in Probate Court District Division on estates and guardianships (both adults and minors).
- Land Use Planning & Zoning – As a specialized part of our Real Estate Practice, Attorney Campbell routinely represents both individual land owners and real estate developers in the state and local land use process. The firm has secured hundred’s of variances in communities throughout southern New Hampshire, has appeared before Planning Boards for site plan and subdivision applications, has assisted engineering professionals in securing State Shoreland Permits, Wetland Permits and other permits administered by NH DES.
- Municipal Law – Attorney Campbell has represented New Hampshire municipalities for nearly 30 years, both as general counsel, and as special counsel, in land use, tax collection and tax abatement and general municipal matters. He has lectured for the New Hampshire Municipal Ass’n on land use laws, and has served as past Chairman of the Bar Ass’n Municipal & Gov’t Law Section. He has served as the lawyer for the New Hampshire Tax Collector’s Ass’n for nearly 25 years. Municipal entities with needs for specialized services in these areas are encouraged to call.
- Small Business Representation – The firm handles formation of corporations and limited liability companies (LLC’s), registration of trade names for sole proprietorships, review of employment and vendor contracts and related services to help small to medium size businesses with their legal needs.
What we don’t do – The firm does not handle cases, but will assist in seeking an appropriate referral, in areas of: criminal law, domestic relations and family law, debtor bankruptcy, personal injury, workers compensation, collection matters and matters in the Federal District Court.
Represented Clients (now or formerly)
- Town of Windham, NH
- MAC Retail Plaza-Salem, LLC
- Burlington Self Storage
- George E. Merrill & Sons, Inc.
- MHB Development Corp
- Haymarket Bancorp
- Town of Newport, NH
- Lake Street Garden Center
- City of Berlin, NH
- MHF Design Consultants, Inc.
- Freshwater Farms
- Palmer Gas/Ermer Oil
- Young Brothers Pump
Serving People and Businesses of Salem NH and Surrounding Areas
Real Estate & Conveyance Law – Estate Planning, Wills, Trusts and Probate Law – Land Use Planning & Zoning – Municipal Law – Small Business Representation – Conveniently located just off exit #2 I-93 New Hampshire